

"It's a Michaela!!!" Those were the first words from the doctors when she was born. 7lbs and 14 healthy ounces!!! This baby was very much the opposite of her big brother's size at birth! What a blessing! I remember seeing her beautiful face for the very first time...those gorgeous dark eyes, that amazing head of hair and those full cheeks! But my "Mommy Instincts" kicked in when I noticed a small white mark on her left cheek. Immediately I asked, "What is that?" At the time nurses and doctors simply said, "We don't know yet. It may just be a mark from her leaning on her hand or something in the womb." But deep down I knew this was going to be something more. Finally after being examined by the Hospital Pediatrician he came to me and notified me that this was in fact a birthmark. A birthmark that will go away with time, but one that could possibly get much larger and much deeper in color. This was called a Hemangioma.

No comments:
Post a Comment