
About the time that Michaela was 2 weeks old I noticed two small dots on her forehead. I knew this had to be another Hemangioma forming. I immediately called my Dermatologist and they said to bring her in that week. The doctor suggested we make an appointment as soon as possible with Children's Hospital's Pediatric Dermatologists. She thought that due to the location of Michaela's original H that she would have trouble eating as it grew. She also informed us of the long time we would need to wait to be seen by CHOP. Possibly months....But thank God for Auntie!! She made a phone call and got us in within two weeks!!!! Just in time, as Michaela's H began to ulcerate. She was put on extremely strong topical ointments and also a long bout of oral steroids. Her sore began to get bigger and bigger causing pain for our baby. CHOP decided that she would need weekly Laser Treatments to control this growing sore. These treatments were difficult to watch as they were extremely painful for her. She had one every week for about 6 weeks. But somehow through the medications, treatments and the constant doctor visits Michaela managed to keep her sunny disposition the whole time. The doctor's at CHOP love Michaela!! She is a hit everytime we go! When we get there the nurses say they would know that nortorious little pony tail and giggle anywhere! At Michaela's one year check up at CHOP her two doctors evaluated her carefully and decided that her Hemangioma wasn't involuting the way that they had hoped. It had actually grown a bit since our last visit. They said that there was no doubt that surgery to remove the H would be our next step. Very scary news but I had a feeling this would be necessary and I prepared myself for it. We visit CHOP Plastic Surgeons on Monday, July 13th at 2:00pm.

My little cousin is a trooper she is always happy and always giggles. I love you so much
ReplyDeleteLove,
Sara